St. Mary's Lydiard Tregoze

John Aubrey described St. Mary’s Church as ‘ exceeding all the churches in this countie’


That was in 1620 when Aubrey visited Wiltshire. More recently, Sir Simon Jenkins describing the contents of the south chapel declared ‘were it to be removed lock stock and barrel to the Victoria and Albert Museum in London it would cause a national sensation’.
The Friends of Lydiard Park have made a substantial financial pledge towards a project to preserve and protect the historic church of St. Mary’s Lydiard Tregoze. The project which has been gathering momentum for several years is a major programme to repair and conserve one of England’s finest small parish churches. read more ...

Keep up to date with the Conservation work by visiting St. Mary's Church website

To see more pictures ...................




Funds raised through membership help finance work that might otherwise not be possible.